Create new data set
To create a new data set, follow this workflow as a logged in data manager or theme manager:
- Go to «Data» on the main toolbar
- Go to «Create new Data Set» at the bottom of the data set list
- Decide which Theme this data set should be linked to.
- You can also create a data set without linking it to a theme, but without the link, you can’t publish services or execute transformation projects for that data set.
- Upload the files making up the data set:
- To upload a Shapefile, you should put all individual files (*.shp, *.dbf, *.prj, *.shx, …) before upload to a zip archive. This reduces upload data volume, and ensures that no file part gets lost, so that the file analysis can work correctly.
- When you upload an XML file such as ALKIS, XSYBAU or GML, we also recommend to upload them as a zip archive. In this way, you can reduce upload data volumes by up to 90%, which results in a much faster upload..
- Give your data set a name. This name should enable you to quickly und clearly identify the data set in the system. If the linked theme’s metadata configuration is set up to use the name in publishing, the name is also used for data set metadata.
- In the next step, provide required and optional metadata. Required input fields are marked by red circle symbols, and the red badges with numbers indicate how many more required fields you need to provide. When all the red badges have disappeared, you’ve provided all required metadata. Click «Continue» to save the metadata.
- In the final step, you can review all desired steps of the publishing and transformation process configured for the theme. By default, you will see up to five toggle switches to publish Download and View Services, to transform the new data set, and to publish services for the transformed data set. If you know you need to work on the data set before it is to be published, deactivate the service publishing.
|In case you close the browser or the tab, or you click a different link, you will be asked whether the work in progress data set should be saved or deleted. If you pick save, you can continue editing it later.|