The Metadata section displays Dataset metadata and Service metadata configurations. You can toggle freely between the tabs to view your entries.
In the Dataset metadata section, you have three options, listed in the dropdown menu:
- Use metadata editor: Select this option to let hale connect generate the metadata. To define how hale connect should generate the metadata, the system provides a special-purpose text editor. The default metadata configuration displays INSPIRE compliant metadata elements.
- Republish existing metadata: Select this option to upload your existing metadata file during data set creation.
- Link to existing metadata: Select this option to provide a link to your metadata file during data set creation.
Select the metadata language in the dropdown menu. All official European Union languages are supported.
The Show metadata editor on data set creation toggle switch enables you to control where metadata is entered:
- Toggle switch is active: Display the metadata editor during data set creation.
- Toggle switch is deactivated: Don’t display the metadata editor during data set creation. Deactivating the editor means that users don’t have any control over metadata in the initial dataset creation, but can still later on go to the data set -> metadata section to edit the generated metadata.
Visit the Edit metadata configuration documentation for more information.
Click the “Save” button to save any changes to the metadata.