As a system administrator, you can enable self-registration of users. If self-registration is not enabled, administrators and organisation superusers need to create all user accounts.
To create a new user account, follow these steps while logged in as an administrator or organisation superuser:
- Go to settings (gear symbol)
- Go to «Users»
- Pick «Create New User» at the bottom of the user list
- Enter a name (we strongly recommend using first and last name)
- Pick a username from the suggestions listed under the portrait
- Provide a unique e-mail address (every e-mail address may be assocaited with only one user account)
- Pick an organisation for the new user
- Pick a role (Data Manager, Theme Manager or Organisation Superuser)
- Optionally add a description, contact info and custom fields
- Click «Create»
The person you’ve created the account for now receives an activation e-mail. The account will be activated only when the person has clicked the link in the notification and successfully sets a password.